As Congress released its first list of candidates for the upcoming Punjab Assembly elections, Navjot Singh Sidhu finds himself contesting from Amritsar East and CM Charanjit Singh Channi from Chamkaur Sahib.
BJP released a list of 107 candidates for the upcoming state assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh. Yogi Adityanath will contest from Gorakhpur Urban and Keshav Prasad Maurya from Sirathu in Prayagraj. Check the full list of candidates here.
A Mahila Congress leader, who is the face of the ‘Ladki Hoon, Lad Sakti Hoon’ campaign, however, has accused the party of anti-women bias after she was denied a ticket for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Recent defections from the BJP have dealt a blow to its otherwise bright poll prospects in the eastern UP despite the air being thick with anti-incumbency in the western part of the state
Current Chief Minister of Punjab, Charanjit Singh Channi, suggested that Congress should declare the next Chief Ministerial candidate for the upcoming Punjab Assembly elections.
Congress MLA Naresh Saini and Samajwadi Party MLA Hari Om Yadav have joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ahead of the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections. The state will go to polls this February and March.
Samajwadi Party-NCP alliance will fight in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh State Assembly Elections, NCP president Sharad Pawar informed on Tuesday.
Swami Prasad Maurya, Uttar Pradesh's minister for labour and employment has resigned ahead of the Uttar Pradesh state assembly elections. The influential OBC leader has joined Samajwadi Party. 3 other MLAs have announced their resignation in support of Maurya.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath made an allegedly communal remark where he affirmed the power of 80% voters over the remaining 20%. Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi lashed out at him and asked the youth to make elections about education and employment.
Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Kumari Mayawati will not contest the upcoming Uttar Pradesh state assembly elections, senior BSP leader Satish Chandra Mishra has informed.
Elections 2022: While the term of the current Uttar Pradesh assembly is ending in May, those of the other four assemblies are ending on different dates in March.
A farmer sits near his red chillies at a deserted APMC market, during the weekend curfew imposed by the Karnataka government to curb the spread of COVID-19, in Hubballi.PTI Photo
Delhi Chief Minister & AAP National Convenor Arvind Kejriwal being welcomed by women supporters during his door-to-door campaign ahead of the Goa Assembly elections, in Goa.PTI Photo
A health worker collects swab sample of a woman for COVID-19 test, amid concerns over rising Omicron cases, in Gurugram.PTI Photo
Traffic jam on a road at Shalimar Bagh during the weekend curfew imposed by the Delhi government to curb the spread of Covid-19, in New Delhi.PTI Photo/ Shahbaz Khan
The Lajpat Nagar market wears a deserted look during the weekend curfew imposed by the Delhi government to curb the spread of Covid-19, in New Delhi.PTI Photo/ Shahbaz Khan
He would take his colour, brushes and canvas outside to paint and talk with his love. He would stand close to the window and paint, keeping an eye on his muse.
They say the violin mimics the human sound. In his case, it was that of love, of longing. He didn’t know any other way of loving.
Younger people do not have much progressive beliefs; a 2017 survey found that one-third of young people opposed inter-caste marriage.
The pandemic has made it clear that virtual learning is here to stay. In the West, the big question is whether it will dilute the quality of the college experience and education. In India, which grapples with digital divide, the question remains whether this will reach most people at all.
Even after two years of the Covid-19 pandemic, many 'informed' individuals in India continue to deny the virus with unscientific claims and unfounded data. The latest? Omicron will end the pandemic.
Across Asia there are deeply entrenched obstacles to a mode of higher education that is liberal in multiple senses – disciplinary and epistemological but also social and political.
The two incidents in the recent past, one in Mon district of Nagaland and the other at Lakhimpur Kheri in Uttar Pradesh, undermined the core principles democracy and federalism.