Renault is gearing up to launch its new sub-4m offering, the Triber, in India soon. While the official launch is still a few months away, the carmaker has teased the Triber in a video released recently. As is typical with promos for such SUVs, it can be seen undergoing testing in the desert and the mountains.
However, the video does not reveal anything new about the Triber. So, let’s take a look at what we know about it so far.
- The Triber will be based on a new platform as per the carmaker, but it is expected to be derived from the Kwid’s CMF-A.
- It will be positioned between the Kwid and the Duster in Renault’s India lineup.
- Spy shots suggest that the Triber will be equipped with projector headlamps, DRLs and 15-inch wheels.
- Inside, it will get a black-beige interior with chrome and silver accents, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and up to four airbags.
- The Triber is expected to get a 5+2 seating configuration. The third row is expected to be removable since Renault is projecting modularity as a USP for the Tiber.
- Renault is expected to introduce a turbocharged version of the Kwid’s 1.0-litre petrol engine on the Triber along with its naturally aspirated version. An AMT is expected along as an option along with the standard manual.
- There is no confirmation on the Triber getting a diesel engine as of now, but it is unlikely to offer one.
- Prices of the Renault Tiber are expected to range from Rs 5.5 lakh to Rs 7 lakh.
- The Triber is not expected to have any direct rivals. It would slot between the Datsun GO+ and the Maruti Ertiga.