- MY2018 Rapid: exchange bonus of upto Rs 50,000, free insurance and a loyalty bonus of upto Rs 25,000.
- MY2019 Rapid: Up to Rs 25,000 exchange bonus and a loyalty bonus of Rs 25,000.
- Skoda Octavia: loyalty bonus of up to Rs 25,000.
- MY2019 Superb and Kodiaq: loyalty bonus of upto Rs 50,000.
- MY2018 Superb: complimentary insurance and loyalty bonus.
Every year in January, carmakers offer discounts and benefits to clear their older stock and this year is no different. Czech carmaker, Skoda is offering various benefits like complimentary insurance, exchange bonus and loyalty bonus on various cars in its portfolio. As expected, the MY2018 cars are available with better offers compared to MY2019 models.
Here is the list of offers:
Apart from the Rapid and the MY2018 Superb, all other cars are available with loyalty bonus only. The MY2018 Rapid and Superb can be had with free insurance, the amount for which can range up to around Rs 76,000 for the Rapid and over Rs 1.5 lakh for the Superb.
As you can see, there’s a considerable difference between the discounts on offer on 2018 and 2019 models. Hence, we would suggest buyers to opt for 2018 model, if available, especially if you intend to own the car for a longer ownership period (over 4-5 years). In which case, there won’t be as high a difference in resale value of 2018 model (compared to 2019 model) as it would be, say, in a couple of years from now. Only loyalty bonus on Octavia and Kodiaq suggests that 2018 models of these cars are not in stock.
For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine