Railways so far is providing a list of 18 of the 68 killed in the Samjhauta Express blasts
who have been identified, (of whom 13 are Pakistani nationals), the Pakistan Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Khusro Bakhtiar told the
Pakistan Assembly that of the 68 passengers killed, 49 have been identified.
According to him, those identified include 22 Pakistani nationals and 27 Indian nationals.
And he cites the Indian government for this information, adding that the rest of the 19 bodies which are charred beyond recognition would have to be identified through DNA tests of their relatives.
Meanwhile, Indian Railways says that 17 people identified were among those who died on the spot while Harif Mohammed, a Pakistani national, succumbed to his injuries in Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi today. According to the information provided by them, the identified Pakistanis include five of a family— Tasleem Khan, his wife Nafeesa Begum, daughter Mahreen Khan and sons Rool Amin and Mohd Sajid, residents of Pakistan's Hyderabad.
The bodies of Saiyyad Akhtar, a resident of Karachi, his wife Ashraff Jahan and their kids Hasan Ali and Mehak were also identified today by his relative. Akthar's relatives Izhar Hussain and his wife Razia Sultan were also among those identified.
Shafiq Ahmed of Karachi was also one of those who died.
Meanwhile, six medical teams from the Western Command of the Army today embalmed 57 bodies. The team is led by Brigadier Amarjit Singh, Deputy Director of Medical Services.
The list of identified dead as provided by Indian Railways:
1. Smt. Shakina Begum w/o Sh. Yunus Khan, H.No. 1338 Gali No. 43 Salempur Zafrabad Delhi
2. Sh. Saiyyad Akhtar S/o Sh. Rahat Ali, Hydrabad, Pakistan
3. Sh. Kashmir Singh s/o Sh. Buta Singh, ASI RPF, Mohkamwala, Ferozshah, Ferozpur,
4. Sh. Yasmin Akhtar, s/o Mohd. Maqbool, Pantha Chowk, Srinagar Mobile 9419903504
5. Sh. Rajender Pal Constable RPF s/o Sh. Pratap Chand, Ramgarhia Sikh, Gujar Dera Baba Nanak Gurdaspur Punjab,
6. Sh. Tasleem Khan s/o Sh. Idrish, Mohalla Chudipara Sindh, Hydrabad, Pakistan contact no. 03003075257
7. Sh. Shafiq Ahmed s/o Sh. Maqbool Khan, H.No. 54 Sector-6E, Mayad Mohalla, Karachi Pakistan,
8. Nafeesa Begum w/o Sh. Tasleem Khan, Mohalla Chudipara Sindh, Hydrabad, Pakistan contact no. 03003075257
9. Mahreen Khan D/o Tasleem Khan, Mohalla Chudipara Sindh, Hydrabad, Pakistan contact no. 03003075257
10. Rool Amin S/o Sh. Tasleem Khan, Mohalla Chudipara Sindh, Hydrabad, Pakistan contact no. 03003075257
11. Mohd. Sajid S/o Sh. Tasleem Khan, Mohalla Chudipara Sindh, Hydrabad, Pakistan contact no. 03003075257
12. Harish Mohd., M-15 S/o Sh. Rafiq Pakistan
13. Razia Sultan, F-51 W/o Ijhar Ali 354/15A- North Wafar Zone, Karachi Pakistan.
14. Asraf Jahan, F-35 w/o Sayid Iftkar Ali 354/15A- North Wafar Zone, Karachi Pakistan.
15. Mahak D/o Sayid Iftkar Ali 354/15A- North Wafar Zone, Karachi Pakistan.
16. Sayid Asan Ali M-8, Sayid Iftkar Ali 354/15A- North Wafar Zone, Karachi Pakistan.
17. Izhar Hussan M-61, S/o Md. Buks 354/15A- North Wafar Zone, Karachi Pakistan.
18. Sh. Lalit Kumar, TTE, s/o Sh. Gopal Kishan, S-2/22 Old Mahabir Nagar, Near Tilak Nagar, New Delhi.
List of Injured admitted in Safdarjung Hospital New Delhi:
1. Ms. Shammi Shafique, F-9 Delhi,
2. Sh. Abdul Khayyam M-56 S/O Md. Idrish Badri Khatun,
3. Sh.Ashok, M-21 S/o Sh. Kishore Kr. Sialkot,
4. Sh. Ramesh M-40 S/o Sh. Sikander Sialkot,
5. Sh. Rana Shaukat M-40 Pakistan,
6. Smt. Ruksana F-40 W/O Sh. Rana Shaukat Ali, Pakistan,
7. Ashima F-1 D/O Sh. Rana Shakat Ali, Pakistan,
8. Nadeem M-11 S/O Sh. Fateh Mohd. Mirpur Khas,
9. Md. Shakeel M-21 S/O Sh. Fateh Mohd. Mirpur Khas,
10. Md. Zakir M-38 S/O Md. Siddiqui Bijnaur,
11. Sh. Tarsem Hd. Constable, Amritsar.
[Yesterday, the list included 13 people of whom, one, Harif Mohammed listed as "Sh. Harish, M-15 S/o Sh. Rafik Pakistan" succumbed to his injuries today while "Sh. Qamaruddin M-50 S/O Shamsuddin Multan" is said to have "left hospital at his own"]
To further add to all this, the Ministry of External Affairs has provided a further list of "missing Pakistani passengers who boarded the train in Delhi but did not cross Attari on 19.2.2007 and are not among the injured. The persons in this list have not so far been accounted for":
No. Name Passport No.
1. Mohd. Zahid AD-5172701
2. Habibullah Khan JM-4107791
3. Mohd. Azam Khan LL-4102631
4. Fakhruddin Ahmad KB-381234
5. Mohd. Ikram Khan SE-4109081
6. Salman Khan ME-4102281
7. Mesbah Shabbir AM-5130631
8. Naseem Akhtar AK-1343831
9. Mohd. Ahmad BB-1159591
10. Mohd. Yunus KE-764749
11. Atif Irfan AF-1984031
12. Izhar Hussain AU-6892471
13. Sultana Razia AC-5771321
14. Ashraf Iftekhar AJ-1573781
15. Mohd. Wakil KE-604749
16. Mohd. Irfan KE-685195
17. Taslim AC-7803261
18. Nafeesa Siddiqui KD-922924
19. Mehreen AB-0124941
20. Abdul Majid Khan JK-4104281
21. Child of Shaukat Ali KC-573138*
22. Child of Shaukat Ali KC-573138*