Prime Minister Narendra Modi has reached Kedarnath Temple in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand.
The Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone for reconstruction work at the shrine, including the security wall, museum, and the Adi Shankaracharya Samadhi at Kedarnath.
His visit comes a day before the closure of the portals of the temple for the winter season.
After offering prayers, Modi began addressing people gathered at the temple.
Here's the highlight:
* I have resolved to devote myself to fulfilling dream of a developed India by 2022, says the Prime Minister.
* But now through the development we are doing in Kedarnath, we want to show how an ideal 'Tirth Kshetra' should be: PM Modi
* PM invites tourists to explore the Himalayas, says the hills have so much to offer- for spiritual pursuits, for the nature lover, for those interested in adventure, water sports.
* I urge corporate world to take up CSR activities to help in the restoration work of Kedarnath: Modi
* Discipline is in the blood of people here in Uttarakhand, at least one person from each family is a soldier: PM Modi