Jaguar has launched officially launched the first-ever 4-cylinder F-Type, which made its global debut in April last year, in India. The relatively affordable variant of the F-Type is powered by the 2.0-litre turbocharged I4 motor from Tata-owned Jaguar Land Rover’s latest Ingenium family of petrol engines. Available in both coupe and convertible versions, prices start from Rs 90.93 lakh and Rs 1.01 crore, respectively.
- Engine: 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol
- Power: 300PS @ 5,500rpm
- Torque: 400Nm @ 1,500 - 4,500rpm
- Transmission: 8-speed AT
- 0-100kmph: 5.7 seconds
- Top speed: 250kmph
Both the coupe and convertible versions of the 4-cylinder F-Type can also be had with the sportier R-Dynamic variant. The R-Dynamic variant comes with larger wheels (19-inch) as standard along with a switchable active exhaust for an even better exhaust note! Compared to the standard model, the R-Dynamic models are roughly around Rs 4 lakh more expensive.
The F-Type R and range-topping SVR which use a bigger 5.0-litre supercharged V8 (up to 575PS/700Nm) are more than a crore rupees dearer than the 4-cylinder F-Type. Below are the prices of the entire lineup:
Prices (ex-showroom India)
- 2.0-litre I4 RWD: Rs 90.93 Lakh
- 2.0-litre I4 R-Dynamic RWD: Rs 93.67 Lakh
- 5.0-litre V8 AWD R: Rs 2.21 Crore
- 5.0-litre V8 AWD SVR: Rs 2.65 Crore
- 2.0-litre I4 RWD: Rs 1.01 Crore
- 2.0-litre I4 RWD R-Dynamic: Rs 1.04 Crore
- 5.0-litre V8 AWD R: Rs 2.36 Crore
- 5.0-litre V8 AWD SVR: Rs 2.80 Crore
The most affordable version of the Jaguar F-Type goes up against the Mercedes SLC AMG 43 (Rs 82.85 lakh) as well as the Porsche 718 Boxster (Rs 89.95 lakh) and 718 Cayman (Rs 85.95 lakh) (all-prices, ex-Delhi).
For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine