Prime Minister Narendra Modi has often swayed his supporters with his undeniably curious rhetoric and one of a kind way of getting his point across. Redefining abbreviations and introducing acronyms seems to be the new 'it' apparently, a trend begun by the most powerful man of the country himself.
Addressing the people on 'mann ki baat' today, Modi came up with another of his own initialism, adding to his growing list.
'New India is not about VIP. It is about EPI- every person is important.', he said today, addressing the need to end the VIP culture.
The Prime Minister has before too, many a times, indulged in this redefinitions.
We take a look at his 10 best ones.
1) SCAM - Taking a dig at his rivals before the Assembly Elections this year, Modi urged his supporters to vote against Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav, Congress and Mayawati, together standing for SCAM in the Prime Minister's dictionary. Fortunately for him, the voters did not vote for them and BJP won a mammoth victory in Uttar Pradesh.
2) AK-49 - This acronym was reserved for perhaps, his favourite rival, Arvind Kejriwal. Arvind Kejriwal-49 was in reference to the AAP convenor's 49-day first government in Delhi.
3) ABCD- If the Prime Minister was a primary school teacher, this is what he might have taught the children - A for Adarsh, B for Bofors, C for Coal and D for Damaad. PM Modi coined this to define Congress Party in 2014.
4) RSVP - Going by the PM's dictionary, this should not to be written in invitation cards anymore. Taking a dig at BJP's oldest rival Congress, Modi interpreted RSVP as Rahul, Sonia, Vadra, Priyanka.
5) 3 AKs- According to Narendra Modi, Pakistan admired 3 AKs- AK 47, AK Antony and AK-49 (Arvind Kejriwal).
6) NITI- Replacing Planning Commission, the Prime Minister introduced this policy think tank, calling it NITI Aayog, where NITI stands for 'National Institution for Transforming India'.
7) FDI- In concurrence with the BJP's 'Make in India' agenda, Modi reinterpreted FDI as 'First Develop India', as against its actual expansion ' Foreign Direct Investment'.
8) MOM- “I was sure Mom won’t disappoint us,” PM Modi said after the success of MOM - Mars Orbiter Mission. Pun intended.
9) VIKAS - Vikas, as a hindi word, means development. The PM made it an acronym standing for 'Vidyut (Electricity), Kanoon (law) and Sadak (Road)'. He coined this term to give a new meaning to the hindi word.
10) SABKA - The PM seems to have an inclination towards categorising his rivals in a way that is easy to remember, much like students do before exams. SABKA stands for Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party, and Congress party. He used this term to appeal destruction of SABKA (all the three parties) in 2014.